Basic Policy of Handling Personal Information
Nippon Prologis REIT, Inc. (hereinafter “NPR”) recognizes the importance of personal information, and is committed to appropriately handling personal information by complying with laws regarding the protection of personal information as well as other related laws and guidelines.
Obtaining of Personal Information
NPR will acquire personal information through appropriate means. If personal information is acquired directly from an individual in written form or via the Internet, the purpose of use shall be disclosed in advance to such individual; provided, however, that in the event that the purpose of use is considered to be clear from the circumstances of such acquisition, such disclosure may be omitted.
Management of Personal Information
In order to prevent unintended disclosure, loss or damage to personal information, NPR will implement adequate security and control measures in the acquisition, use and storage of such information.
Purposes of Use
NPR will use the personal information it acquires for the following purposes:
- o enable investors to exercise their rights and to carry out NPR's obligations as an investment corporation under the Act on Investment Trusts and Investment Corporations and other related laws;
- To manage unitholder information, such as in the preparation of the unitholder register required under the Act on Investment Trusts and Investment Corporations, and to provide information to unitholders;
- To confirm and respond to inquiries;
- To acquire properties, manage assets through sales and leasing, and conduct other activities related to NPR’s business, as well as to conduct the necessary analysis, data collection and disclosure related to such business;
- To confirm personal details of applications and written contracts related to NPR's business;
- To conduct general administrative operations as well as other activities related to or incidental to NPR’s business, besides the aforementioned 1.～5.; and
- To disclose or provide personal information to third parties to the extent necessary for the above-mentioned purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
NPR will not disclose or provide personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
- Consent is obtained from the individual concerned;
- The disclosure or provision of said information falls under the provisions of applicable laws;
- The disclosure or provision of said information is necessary for the protection of an individual's life, person or property and consent from the individual concerned is difficult to obtain;
- The disclosure or provision of said information is particularly necessary for improving public health or for promoting the sound growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned;
- The disclosure or provision of said information is necessary in order to cooperate with national or local government agencies, or with individuals or business operators entrusted by those agencies to execute affairs as required by laws and regulations, and consent from the individual concerned may impede the execution of such affairs;
- NPR discloses or provides information to its contractors under NPR's appropriate supervision, to the extent necessary for the purposes of use; and
- The disclosure or provision of personal information is permitted by laws regarding the protection of personal information and other related laws and guidelines.
Supervision of Contractors
NPR will appropriately supervise contractors to whom personal information has been disclosed or provided, in order to ensure adequate security and control measures.
Inquiries Concerning Personal Information, etc.
NPR will strive to keep personal information both accurate and up-to-date. Any requests concerning the disclosure, correction, addition, deletion or suspension of use of personal information will be handled promptly, following routine procedures including identity verification.
Please contact Prologis REIT Management K.K. at the following location with questions concerning the provision of personal information, its disclosure, correction or suspension of use:
|Address||2-7-3 Marunouchi Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6421 Japan
Prologis REIT Management K.K. (NPR's asset manager)
|Business hours||9:00 to 18:00 Japan Standard Time (Closed on weekends and national holidays)|
For inquiries regarding the unit holder registry and other related matters, please contact our transfer agent:
|Mailing Address||2-8-4 Izumi, Suginami-ku, Tokyo 168-0063 Japan
The Transfer Agent Division of Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited
|Telephone||0120-782-031 (toll-free, available within Japan only)|
|Business Hours||9:00 to 17:00 Japan Standard Time (Closed on weekends and national holidays)|
NPR may amend its declarations regarding the protection of personal information for various reasons including revisions to related laws and ordinances.
Nippon Prologis REIT, Inc.